When collecting personal information, Murray House will, where possible, indicate the purpose for the collection and use of the information, to whom it may be disclosed and how you can request access to the information.
Purpose for Collecting Information Murray House only collects information that it needs in order to provide its services. Murray House is a private not for profit provider of residential aged care. Its services include, but are not limited to the:
- Provision of care and services to residents. - Provision of respite, low and high care within our facility. - Provision of meals for meals on wheels service.
To effectively provide these services Murray House needs to collect certain personal information to ensure the health and safety of individuals partaking in its services and to assist in determining the type of services it should be providing for a particular individual.
Type of Information Requested Information that Murray House may request includes but is not limited to:
- Your name, gender, address, phone number(s). - Date of birth. - Medical and clinical information. - Your billing details. - Records of interactions you have had with our staff. - Preference for likes and dislikes. - Feedback on services. - Family and friends contacts.
Murray House will endeavour to collect all information directly from you. However, from time to time, we may also collect information from other sources, such as from your family and health care professionals. If you choose not to provide the information that Murray House requires to provide its services effectively, it may effect the level of services provided.
Use of Personal Information Murray House uses the personal information it collects for the purposes of providing, managing and administering its service(s). This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact you in relation to any matter relating to you or the services provided to you. - Scheduling and booking activities. - Ongoing health monitoring. - Identify health risk factors for individuals, other residents and staff. - Maintaining quality assurance and client satisfaction. - Research and statistical analysis. - Management. - Complying with relevant laws and regulations. - Resolve complaints
Disclosure of Personal Information To be able to effectively provide our service(s) Murray House may also disclose information to third parties which may include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Contractors or service providers engaged by us. - Any persons acting on our behalf, including professional advisers. - Government and regulatory bodies (e.g. the Department of Health). - Where disclosure is permitted or required by law.
Where we engage contractors, service providers or others to act on our behalf, Murray House will take reasonable steps to protect the privacy of all information disclosed and requires such parties to comply with any relevant privacy laws. You have the right to ask these organisations or contractors for access to information they hold about you.
Data Quality Murray House will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, correct and up to date. It does so via its own internal quality activities and auditing procedures. If you believe any information that we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and will take reasonable steps to amend your records.
Personal Information Storage and Security Murray House holds personal information in a combination of secure electronic and hard copy formats. The information we hold is stored within Australia. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information held by us is protected from misuse, loss and unauthorised, modification or disclosure. Such steps include, but are not limited to:
- Secure physical storage of documents. - Premises security measures. - Network and communications security measures. - Quality system procedures
Accessing Your Personal Information You have a right to reasonable access to any information that Murray House holds about you. To request access to your information, please contact the CEO. At the time you make your request, we may ask that you complete relevant forms. We reserve the right to charge for providing access to certain information, as permitted by law and you will be informed of this at the time of your request. We will always endeavour to meet your request for access within a reasonable timeframe and in the manner requested by you if it is reasonable to do so.
However, in some circumstances we may decline a request for access to information such as where we no longer hold the information, or where denying access is permitted or required by law. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you written reasons for this decision when we respond to your request.
Correcting Your Personal Information It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate. We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date at the time of collecting, using or disclosing it. If you believe any information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date, you should contact us. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period and take reasonable steps to amend your records.
Contacting Murray House If you have any questions, feedback or concerns about this policy or how Murray House handles your information, you can contact our office on (03) 5027 3384.
You can also contact us by mail or email:
Mail: 31- 37 Murray St, Wentworth NSW 2648